[pianotech] regulation problem

jimialeggio jimialeggio at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 17:30:42 MDT 2010

> Good results for one can be less than desirable results for another.  We are
> in the area of personal taste and schools of sound here, so the ear that
> ultimately has to be satisfied is your own.

Amen
> I say start experimenting with some throwaway hammers and play with it to
> find where you want to be on the continuum. It will be a fun learning
> process.
>
> Will

Yup

A fair part of my post was actually  trying to get a sense of what those
1880  ears thought was a desirable sound...not that their taste trumps
any other taste, but simply I would like to experience what they were
either achieving or aiming at tonally...its a tough question though.

Jim I

--
Jim Ialeggio
grandpianosolutions.com