[pianotech] Ivers & Pond Upright #24422 (John Ross)

Sigurd throan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 21:12:32 MDT 2010

After you have replaced the but plates the next thing to happen is the brass
rail tongues will start to break. To keep yourself out of trouble remove the
brass rail with the but plates still fastened. Have the brass rail heat
treated. Heat treating will soften the brass and you won't have any more
cracked brass for as long as you are in the tuning business.