[pianotech] Kawai white

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Thu Apr 8 09:42:14 MDT 2010

 Greetings,
   I was asked to ok for purchase a 25 year old Kawai upright(K912100).  It looks like new, and there is virtually no wear on the hammers.  It has the white composite action, and what looks like something other than leather on the butts.
     I have no experience with this vintage or model Kawai, and was hoping to hear if perhaps there are any red flags I should know about before recommending the customer buy this piano, ($1,500).  It is for a serious piano student.
Thanks,

Ed Foote RPT