[pianotech] Initial pinblock torque, was Pinblock expensive experiment

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Apr 8 12:19:34 MDT 2010

Duane McGuire wrote:
> Thanks Jim!  I'm interested in the input.
>
> I was thinking that I was shooting for an initial torque of 120 in-lb.
> But you've got me questioning that (which I considered to be
> "conventional wisdom").

My recommendation on these blocks has always been double
drilling, 1/4" followed by 6.8mm (or 17/64"). With the 2/O x 2
3/8" Denro's I use, the torque tends to be in the 175lb range.
The unique thing about these blocks is that you don't give up
control even at relatively high torque ranges, and I'd rather
have a block settle in a little tight than loose.
Ron N