[pianotech] economy

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 9 12:47:34 MDT 2010

Hi Everyone,

I am curious as to how everyones business is doing with our economy etc.  For whatever reason when I moved back east after my training I started to get work wich is great, nothing to e-mail home about.  Although since I'm already home I guess I don't need to e-mail. lol  A sense of humor is needed on my part since business is sooooooo slow now.  I may have to find other work unrelaed to piano tuning which is tough being a sight impaired guy in a tough economy.  The customres I have are happy, no complaints.  No news is good news I hope.  I've even tried craigslist which normally will pick up a call or two, nothing right now.  Christian yellow pages, nothing. regular yellow pages, i'm only in two thankfully, not too expensive, nothing. customer referrals nothing. Do any of you guys have some incredible ideas?  I hope I get work soon so that my lanlor d won't have to continue waiting.  the poor guy is so patient, but my wife and I are thankful.  Unfortunately I cannot just work for nothing as I've been suggested in the past, "make yourself available at someones shop do whatever they ask you etc."  Working for free doesn't pay the rent, electric, save for my sons's kindergarden tuition.  He's going to Christian school not matter what it takes to get him there.

So thanks everyone for your ideas.  I hope you guys are all busy and the phones are ringing off the hook and the e-mails are coming.  I hope I dont' sound too depressed.  My family and friends tell me I seem depressed.

Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com