[pianotech] renner whippen assist springs

Ryan Sowers tunerryan at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 11:18:54 MDT 2010

Better yet, leave out the springs and go with a traditional key weighting.
Darrel Fandrich and John Rhodes presented a great class on this topic at the
Pacific NW Regional conference this past March. They have a very efficient
and clever set up for evaluating and installing key weights..Its available
through pianofortesupply.com The touch will be way better than with the
wippen assist springs IMHO. Since actions with wip assist springs have
minimal weights, it makes the key weighting processes even easier.

--
Ryan Sowers, RPT
Puget Sound Chapter