[pianotech] X-Ratcheting Counter Bearing Shim

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Sun Apr 11 16:30:54 MDT 2010

>I am a little fuzzy as to what symptom you are describing as "ratcheting".
>Could you explain a bit more what you are experiencing that this resolves?
>Rex Roseman

Due to corrosion on the wire at the agraffe the string does not pull smoothly
but pings and jumps to a higher or lower tension.

>Explain your photos. Are they two different versions of the same idea, or
>before/after?
>Bruce Browning

The flat brass stock was my first thought and the brass half-round is
the new material selected for this experiment.

Maybe someone has already tried this and can save me a lot of time...
--

Regards,

Jon Page