[pianotech] Pully keys

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon Apr 19 13:48:12 MDT 2010

John Delacour wrote:
> The pattern for the iron frame for this
> thing must have been kicking around in all weathers for years -- the
> embossed lettering would be unreadable if it weren't picked out in
> black,  the gilding is a quick blow-over and there is a difference
of 7.5
> mm in the strike height from note 53 to note 88.

Yep, you've got one all right. The treble end of the long
bridge is typically at least 5mm shorter than it might more
ideally be, so when I'm doing soundboard and bridges on one of
these, increasing the treble bridge height brings the high
treble string height up much more comfortably closer to the
rest of the long bridge. There's still the hump in the middle,
but it's not as ugly overall as it was leaving the factory.

Ron N