[pianotech] Pully keys

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Tue Apr 20 10:24:23 MDT 2010

At 17:40 +0800 20/4/10, Bruce Browning - The Piano Tuner wrote:

>Look here!
>http://www.pianophile.com/web/catalogue/affichage-gabarit.cfm?regroupementParent=0-5521-5538&regroupementID=5538

Yes, in fact I had one from Schaff about 25 years ago and overnight I
seemed to recall I  had one of my little drawers marked "pully keys".
This morning I went straight to it and that's how I've done it.  It's
a very well designed tool.  Unfortunately the holes in the Tufnol
washers are a tiny bit too big for these balance pins so I'm wiping a
little epoxy round the inside as I glue them in and will ream them
out.  This is certainly the quick fix I needed and I don't know why I
didn't think of it before.

Thank you.

JD