[pianotech] Tool for plate removal

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Fri Apr 23 17:42:31 MDT 2010

It's always a good idea to pre-drill, especially near the ends like that.
I'd use screws, too. (Easier to undo.) Maybe even machine screws? I can't
tell for sure by your pix, but I think probably you could leave the 2x4's a
little longer too, which would probably have precluded the splitting.

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN