[pianotech] Vehicle Recommendations

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Sat Apr 24 11:45:43 MDT 2010

Anyone tried or measured out the Mini Cooper?  I don't need to take
actions out of the building being a CAUT, but my son will be driving soon,
and I'm thinking of "selling" my Rav4 to him as his first car. It's "ok"
for action transport, but not awesome. I do take care of some of our
faculty home pianos and occasionally take an action to the shop, and it's
OK.  The back seats don't lay completely flat, but a simple piece of 1/2"
piece of plywood does the job. The Rav4 has served me well and does very
well in the snow of Nebraska (no hills and fluffy snow) I'm thinking of my
mid life crisis car as a Mini, or perhaps a Miata.  I used to have some
fast cars in my past, and feel the need for something sporty.  Yes, I'm
getting old(er).

Paul