[pianotech] Vehicle Recommendations

Michael Magness ifixpiano at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 17:45:32 MDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 9:33 AM, pmc033 at earthlink.net
<pmc033 at earthlink.net>wrote:

>  List::
>     The store where I work is offering to purchase a new vehicle for me to
> use, which will also be used to transport keyboards and perhaps some small
> uprights(?).   One of the sales staff has a Prius, which appears to have
> enough room to carry an action, and they have used it to deliver digital
> pianos successfully.  So that is one choice, though I doubt a small upright
> will fit.   I'm also looking at some of the smaller SUV's like the Ford
> Escape, and some of the minivans, as well as the Chevy HHR (thanks, Wim!).
> I want to be sure I'm getting a reliable vehicle, so if you know what to
> avoid, or have had a bad experience, you could post it here.  I'm a bit wary
> of the domestic brands because of reliability concerns, but I'm not opposed
> either.  It will have to be a late model as the budget limit is around $15k,
> so a new vehicle is probably too much right now.  It's going to be mostly
> freeway driving, s o it has to have enough power to get around.  MPG's
> should be reasonable.
>     Any suggestions are welcome.  Thanks in advance.
>
>     Paul McCloud, RPT
>     San Diego
>     PianoSD.com Service Technician
>

> pmc033 at earthlink.net
> EarthLink Revolves Around You.

Hi Paul,

I'm 6'4" & 300 lbs, for the past few years I've been driving an '06 Scion
XB, even in the coldest part of Wisconsin winter I get 26 MPG(with a heavy
foot) today I got 30 MPG driving 120 miles round trip to my chapter
meeting. The back seats fold down leaving room for a grand action, actually
2 if necessary.
Mine has 1.5L 4 cyl but I understand the newer ones have a 2.6L 4cyl which
should perk them up speed wise but may knock the milage figure some.

Mine has over 50,000 miles on it and all I've replaced are tires, for snow
tires, actually nothing has worn out yet or needed servicing just oil
changes. Toyota makes them but they are seperate brand/make of car.

Mike
--

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without
accepting it.

   Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC)

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service