[pianotech] Quickbooks Payroll Rant

William Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Sat Apr 24 20:04:32 MDT 2010

I don't think it affects it too much either way.  I incorporated at a time
when I had employees, was a piano dealer, and had more risk.  If I had
remained a sole proprietor I would have remained a sole proprietor.  It
would cost me about a thousand bucks to go back to sole proprietorship legal
fees and such, so I have done nothing.   As far as the IRS is concerned, I
am an employee of the corporation, so with payroll I have to keep my nose
clean in exactly the same way for filing and timely payments as I would with
any employee.

Will