[pianotech] Speaking of players .......

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Apr 28 14:19:17 MDT 2010

Duaine Hechler wrote:
> it takes a lot of time, SKILL and PATIENCE to rebuild one of these.

Yea, I know. I did a lot of player work the first 20 years,
and an Ampico A just last year.

> 11) a "force fit" collar - NOT reusable - and - getting hard to find

Beg to differ. They're brass, and malleable. The first year in
business, I made a punch to swage the hole back in to a drive
fit, and have successfully re-used them ever since. Years
later, a clock repairman told me he used something virtually
identical to restore worn bearings in old clocks.

Skill, patience, and resourcefulnesses.

Ron N