[pianotech] Gulbransen Spinet Pedal

Rob McCall rob at mccallpiano.com
Thu Apr 29 15:56:56 MDT 2010

Greetings,

I have an appointment tomorrow for my first Gulbransen spinet.  It hasn't been tuned in 7 years.  The lady, who says she's had this same piano for 50 years, said that during the last week the "legato" pedal just stopped working.  Looking through the archives, I find that this piano made the "bottom" 10 list, and I read a few things about broken pedals.

Are broken pedals a common thing for this piano?  Is there any consensus (yeah, right...) :-)  on the method to repair it if it is broken?  I don't have any more info than that until I get to the appointment tomorrow.  I just wanted to be as prepared as I can for this "fine" instrument...

Thanks,

Rob McCall

McCall Piano Service, LLC
www.mccallpiano.com