[pianotech] Gulbransen Spinet Pedal

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Thu Apr 29 18:56:53 MDT 2010

The resistance could be the pedal fragment pressing the (loose) bottom board
down towards the floor. Probably not, but geez, how hard is it for an owner
to take off the kick board and LOOK? I used to do that at age 8... about 45
years before taking up the trade.

The one I repaired had been "repaired" at least twice previously... once by
a brazer/welder and once by someone who tried screwing a couple .030" plates
through the adjustment holes.  It was broken in two places, by the way.  I
have a strange suspicion that it will never break again, however.

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN