[pianotech] shades of gray

Rob McCall rob at mccallpiano.com
Fri Aug 13 22:30:44 MDT 2010

Also, on some newer computer systems, the fonts have the capability of being "smoothed" in the various software programs they use to create the Journal.  This will often be accomplished with dithering of the font which will give it the soft edges that it appears to have. It makes it look better on a low resolution computer screen but it makes it look softer and out of focus when it's in print. It could be as simple as that.

Regards,

Rob McCall

McCall Piano Service, LLC
www.mccallpiano.com