[pianotech] Pain Hurts

Geoff Sykes thetuner at ivories52.com
Tue Dec 7 23:41:51 MST 2010

No questions here. I just want to complain because I'm in pain.

I had a customer accidently bump the fallboard of his piano down on to my
left thumb this afternoon. (I had not had the opportunity to remove it yet.)
I swear I saw stars. And my thumb instantly turned black-n-blue. Funny, (ha
ha), how we forget just what pain feels like until it comes again. I took
aspirin. I've tried ice. I've tried heat. My thumb isn't responding to any
of it. Nothing is broken. It just hurts like H***.

Thank you for reading this. I feel better now that I've had the opportunity
to complain to someone about this insulting injury.

All the best to everyone this holiday season.

(ow!)

-- G

. Geoff Sykes, RPT
. 323-478-9276