[pianotech] Bass Unison Tuning Trouble Teaser

Bill Fritz pianofritz50 at aol.com
Mon Dec 13 13:46:36 MST 2010

Terry, I hadn't even thought of those red-spectrum light rays (approx 440 THz) messing up that A2 (110Hz) unison...   hmm, isn't that the 4th TeraPartial problem??!!

Good Catch...   Bill Fritz

Terry Farrell <mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com>

pianotech at ptg.org

Re: [pianotech] Bass Unison Tuning Trouble Teaser

Mon, 13 Dec 2010 06:50:20 -0500

Finally someone with eyes and a brain! That's it for sure!!!  And the color in the photo is deceiving - it's not pinkish-red, it is FIRE-ENGINE RED!

Sure, the uneven wire wrapping will cause a little bit of sonic disturbance, but I'm quite sure that the intense red-spectrum light rays are causing major disturbances to the upper bass sound waves. Compounding this phenomena is the tendency of the red-spectrum light rays to actually AMPLIFY the small sonic disturbances inherent to the messed-up strings.