[pianotech] Item found inside pianos

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Thu Dec 16 20:27:06 MST 2010

A dead bird.  This was in a very fancy house, upper crust, old money. The grand piano was in the formal living room rarely used for any occasion. I was called to not only tune the piano, but also take care of some sticking keys. The bird was stuck betwen the bass and treble hammers, which, of course, prevented those keys from playing. When I showed the owner of the house the bird, which obviously smelled like an old dead carcass, the lady let out a big groan. She explained that for several year that room had a bad odor to it. They had the room repainted, the floors redone,  the heating vents cleaned over and over, replaced the fancy curtains, etc. They must have spent a fortune.  But for $60, (my tuning fee at the time), the problem was solved.

WIm