[pianotech] Marantz Console with Pianocorder

Rob McCall rob at mccallpiano.com
Fri Dec 24 01:08:37 MST 2010

Greetings!

I tuned a 1977 Marantz console today that had a "Pianocorder reproducing piano" installed.  Well... mostly.

Here's the problem.  Apparently, the last tuner that came through (several years ago) noticed a problem with the control module, the part where the cassette is loaded that allegedly swings out from underneath the right side of the keybed, near the brass plate in the picture below.

Apparently, that piano tuner removed the unit and took it with him to repair. Then he fled the state or moved...  Either way, he never returned the unit and they can't find the tuner.

They have asked me if I could find another unit to install to replace their stolen... er.... missing unit.

Does anyone have an extra (working) one they want to part with for a reasonable sum?  or does anyone know where to find such a unit?

Thanks in advance...

Mele Kalikimaka me ka Hauʻoli Makahiki Hou!

Rob McCall

McCall Piano Service, LLC
www.mccallpiano.com
Murrieta, CA