[pianotech] $450, 000 Salaries For Stagehands. No, really. $450, 000 Salaries For Stagehands

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Tue Dec 28 15:31:18 MST 2010

I certainly wouldn't want to be a member of a union that was effective at bargaining for a higher salary!  Nope, $450K holds no attraction for me!

With a nod and a wink,
Zeno

Nod or wink not withstanding, how are you going to bargain for higher tuning fees with customers? There are union electricians and plumbers who work for  contractors. But independent plumbers and electricians, even those who do belong to a union, can maybe try to get union rates, but if a customer isn't wiling to pay it, and the electrician is hungry, it's not much of a bargaining tool.

Wim