[pianotech] HUH???!!! - was Weber player grand

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 30 17:32:54 MST 2010

James said:
"Methinks that fellows who do a lot of upright work do not live in an area
where most of the daily work is tuning in homes or they simply do not like
tuning that much."

James,
 HUH???!!! Where do you get this opinion? I rebuild a lot of Uprights. I live in a metropolitan area, as well. Plenty of tuning, (which is my business's Cash Flow!), and plenty of rebuilding. In my business it's a balance...three days in the shop and three days out tuning. It works. There are severald rebuilders in my area, most are very good. I specialize in the reallly OLDE stuff. Another does mostly high-end grands. Some specialize in refinishing and/or players. All of us make a reasonable living and have a real fascinating guy for a boss.<G>
Really don't understand your mindset on this. Please explain.
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police
Squares R I