[pianotech] Raising rates in recession

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Sat Jul 3 08:13:25 MDT 2010

Alright Ron, stop being the smart ass that you usually are.  It's tiring.
Just because you don't know me and just because YOU can't do it
yourself.....

So, You want proof that I can raise pitch on a piano 1/2 tone and tune it in
30 minutes?  Here are some phone numbers of my local chapter PTG members.
Call them and ask them yourself.  When you're finished asking them, stop
wasting my time.

1.  Lyle Wood RPT.  He's one of the most respected technicians and
rebuilders in our chapter.  He lives in Muskegon Mi.  1-231-744-1969. He
worked with me at my college for a few years and has seen what I can do
first hand. His email is lylewood at pobox.com.

2.  Jeff Hall RPT.  Our past chapter president.  Some of you met him at the
Grand Rapids convention 616-550-0121.  hallpianos at sbcglobal.net I worked
with Jeff trying to increase his speed.  See what he has to say about it.

3. My own cousin Dick Groot.  richardg215 at att.net  I worked with Dick in a
local community school here in town that he used to have as a client.  I
tuned 11 pianos from 9 AM to 2 PM.  We took 2 smoke breaks, an hour lunch,
raised pitch on all 11 pianos and I was still done by 2 PM.  Ask him what
these 11 pianos sounded like?  Then report back to us OK?

Now, what don't you start working on getting straight beckets instead this
huh?

Jer