[pianotech] Raising rates in recession

William Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Sat Jul 3 12:38:50 MDT 2010

It is my experience that, when I do a pitch correction before doing a fine
tuning, I am faster and more accurate when doing the fine tuning.  I would
attribute that to maintaining a steady rhythm, and more efficient use of my
hand and brain.  I have found that while the ETD is still spinning, I'm
already dropping the ball into home court.  Muscle memory that has come from
tuning thousands of pianos.

To Gerald's doubters - don't measure another's skills and speed by your own.
I think that the really practiced hand can drop the ball through the net
almost everytime, and move right onto the next throw.  I have no trouble
believing that it is possible that Gerald does what he does with the
accuracy he claims.  That makes him much faster than me, but that fact
doesn't mean he can't do it.

Will Truitt