[pianotech] CPL

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 4 14:51:01 MDT 2010

Jim:
	Please be sure your cleaner evaporates without any reside.  I've seen
pianos thoroughly gunked up with petroleum based products, and the wood has
been severely weakened by whatever they sprayed.  The wood simply becomes
mush, and the flanges are still sticking.
	Years ago, my mentor used LPS-1.  I'm not saying I recommend it, because
it didn't do much for me, but maybe it would work for you.  I suspect Radio
Shack's cleaner is the same thing.
	Good luck.  Please report your findings.
	Paul mcClouD
	San Diego