[pianotech] Grey Market Mould

Roger Wheelock roger at dampp-chaser.com
Tue Jul 6 08:43:13 MDT 2010

Hello Bert,

The purple colored blotches are simply the dye in the pads becoming
concentrated by water continually being wicked through the pads.  I am not
familiar with another case of a musty smell.  Pad Treatment is designed to
suppress mold and mildew on the pads, but isn't meant to treat the entire
piano.

I will be traveling for the next few days.  If we can be of further
assistance, please call Kelly or Randy at 800-438-1524.  I believe this
number works in Canada.  If not, you can email them.

kelly at dampp-chaser.com or randy at dampp-chaser.com

All the best,

Roger

Roger Wheelock, VP