[pianotech] pianos damaged by moving?

David Heidel dbheidel at comcast.net
Tue Jul 6 10:10:51 MDT 2010

Action and strings were fine.  Keytops on Young Chang were fine. The Kawai had 4 keytops with hairline cracks extending from front to back of keys.  As far as humidity, just guessing, but the humidity would be relatively low throughout entire move, and I have no knowledge about how hot it got, but I’m guessing in February it wasn’t an issue.  The owner noticed the damage right away.  I don’t know when she actually filed the claim to the insurance co.  Shipping took 5 days.

I will try to find out who the technician in Alaska was – if the owner will provide it for me.  Otherwise the insurance company might coax it out of her!

David