[pianotech] Perfect Pitch (revisited)

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Tue Jul 6 14:17:47 MDT 2010

I wrote:

How close does it have to be to be called "perfect"?   I ask   because I once encountered a student oboe player that could hear the pitch of   A as flat when it was, (according to my SAT), 1.5 cents flat.  This is   close enough to "perfect" for me...

William asks:

>>What comes to mind is when earlier on this list, they posed the question:  (what about when A was 435?

     Neither I nor the oboist were there at that time.  That would be an example of relative perfect pitch

Ed Foote   RPT