[pianotech] WNG Parts Question(s)

Al Guecia/AlliedPianoCraft AlliedPianoCraft at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 6 14:27:34 MDT 2010

Ed F/Dale

I understand what you are saying and agree with most of what you say, except, I think many are bashing the Steinway piano and should be bashing the fact that they are shipping them unfinished. I can take the "unfinished when it leaves factory" Steinway and make it an excellent playing and sounding instrument.

When I worked at Steinway as a Tone Regulator and Inspector there were 8 of us in that department taking at least one full day on each piano, voicing and making sure the piano was as good as it could be. Now I think there is just ONE. How could one man do in 40 hours, what it took 8 men to do in 320 hours. I'd say it's impossible.

So I say, bash the management, bash the way it leaves the factory, but it's still a Steinway and can be made to be a Steinway in the right hands.

Al -
High Point, NC