[pianotech] Steinway bashing

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Tue Jul 6 18:11:21 MDT 2010

At 04:32 PM 7/6/2010, you wrote:
>  And.... its still the sound that people want to hear when they are
> prepped right.  The sound is very attractive.

And a great deal of variety is possible. I heard a French pianist
play two concerts two days apart, on different Steinway D's -- he
made them both sound like French pianos. Every once in awhile someone
I haven't heard before comes along and plays a concert, and pulls out
sounds and effects I didn't know the piano had. I suppose it might be
possible to do that on another brand -- I've just not heard anyone do
that on another brand.

Susan Kline