[pianotech] Perfect Pitch (revisited)

Lou Novak pianoservice at msn.com
Tue Jul 6 18:23:48 MDT 2010

Did the Bureau of Standards and Engraving decide pitch to be 440cps?

Doesn't everything in the universe have a natural "perfect pitch" unique to itself?

I understood the definition of perfect pitch was to be able to throw a banjo
in to a dumpster from 15 feet, without hitting the sides of the dumpster! ; -) ....

(No offense intended toward banjo players - you could substitute a vuvuzela if you like).

-Lou
D.M.C.