[pianotech] Are we fading?

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Wed Jul 7 16:56:10 MDT 2010

Well - from my perspective and talking with a few guests at our local
hapter meeting, the main concern and stickler still is - guess what -
ou know - from me mentioning it before -
The RPT test - requiring - the aural tuning test - especially when, I'm
ure, there are many associates using ETD's already in business, like
e, for a number of years - and - have no desire to learn and do aural
uning - let alone - being - forced - to learn it in order to get RPT.
JMHO
Respectfully, Duaine

Respectful or not, Duaine, you're sticking your foot in your mouth again. I said nothing about RPT's. I just said PTG membership. That means ALL members.

As far as the statement you just made. Get over it. The PTG is not going to change it's aural requirement for becoming an RPT. Perhaps one of these days you'll understand why it's important to know how to tune aurally, and/or you'll learn how to do it, because RPT members are getting all the work.

Wim

Well - from my perspective and talking with a few guests at our local
hapter meeting, the main concern and stickler still is - guess what -
ou know - from me mentioning it before -
The RPT test - requiring - the aural tuning test - especially when, I'm
ure, there are many associates using ETD's already in business, like
e, for a number of years - and - have no desire to learn and do aural
uning - let alone - being - forced - to learn it in order to get RPT.
JMHO
Respectfully, Duaine
tnrwim at aol.com wrote:

     I read somewhere that the mean age of PTG members is about 59.
     That means there are as many members older than that as younger

     That would be the /median/ would it not?

 It could very well be. What's the difference between median, and mean?

 I read somewhere that the mean age of PTG members is about 59. That
 means there are as many members older than that as younger

 That would be the /median/ would it not?

-
uaine Hechler
iano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
uning, Servicing & Rebuilding