[pianotech] Plate Location

William Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Sun Jul 11 07:25:36 MDT 2010

Phil:

If the holes in the plate are the same size top to bottom (newer Baldwin
plate holes are narrower at top and flare out to bottom), you can drill out
the plate holes to accept the modern narrower plate bushings supply houses
sell.  It'll tune better and relieve your concerns.  I do this on old Mason
& Hamlins to considerable improvement.

Will