[pianotech] Sad news

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sun Jul 11 22:02:17 MDT 2010

This is very sad news.  I’ve known David for a couple of decades and we’ve
worked together on many projects.  I saw him only a week or so ago and it
was clear that his health was deteriorating rapidly.  David was a great guy,
very direct and honest, always interested in improving his skills, loved his
work and clearly knew who he was.   He will be sorely missed.  Whatever I
can say here cannot possibly do him the justice and recognition that he
deserves.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com

Hello,

It is with great sorrow that I inform you of the death of David Ilvedson,
RPT a long-time member of the PTG San Francisco Chapter and a frequent
contributor to this list. . The family wishes to keep details private.

David has served as President of the San Francisco Chapter in past years,
and his term of office was marked by many interesting and imaginative
technical offerings - many of them of the "hands-on" variety. In recent
years he has been the Treasurer of the PTG Northern California Area Exam
Board. A long-time concert technician, David was a tech for Pro Piano
Concert Services and for Billy Joel. He also was the technician at Stanford
University and at several San Francisco area concert halls.

David was always willing to share insights and technical ideas and was an
active "pianoman" in the fullest sense both as a professional musician and
piano technician.  He was also gregarious and generous of spirit. He will be
missed by all who knew him...

Israel Stein