[pianotech] Downbearing on RC&S designs was RE: Steingraeber

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Mon Jul 12 22:20:12 MDT 2010

Hey Gene
 No, because the compression is a dynamic force which the string bearing is compressing.  Ok, but...Yes, the ribs are being pushed to there previous flat state.  There are two counter opposing forces in this system albeit destructive as I see it. Not only that if you have ever done any pre-stressing of the board it gets stiffer and stiffer as its pushed downward.

Dale S. Erwin
www.Erwinspiano.com
209-577-8397