[pianotech] Lester Spinet

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Wed Jul 14 01:36:27 MDT 2010

Rob

Hopefully you'll read this before you take off in the morning. I have to agree with Susan. Yes, Lester plastic elbows, and in some cases, plastic flanges and dampers. But if the customer didn't say anything about keys not working, or being "down", perhaps the plastic elbows have been replaced with wood a long time ago, and the rest of the action is OK, too.

My experience has been that Lesters, plastic elbows not withstanding, are not bad pianos. They are not an Acrosonic, but when all the parts are working, I'll put one up against a Wurly or Kimball spinet any day.

Wim