[pianotech] Lester Spinet

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Wed Jul 14 06:12:58 MDT 2010

>"Why you use plastic to replace plastic?  Why not use wood?
>Won't break."  Logical response.  Since then, that's what I've done. He's
>right.  Sometimes the clip ons break again, especially years later.  Wooden
>ones will not.

Clip-on elbows are cost effective and will probably out last the piano.
Wooden elbows just give you that warm fuzzy feeling.

Check the case structure to see if the front is separating from the back,
top and bottom.

Attached is a photo of a pair of end nippers which were ground narrow
to fit into the whippen slot to nip off plastic remnants.
--

Regards,

Jon Page