[pianotech] Appraisal

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Thu Jul 15 14:14:48 MDT 2010

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Al Guecia/AlliedPianoCraft
  To: pianotech at ptg.org
  Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2010 3:25 PM
  Subject: Re: [pianotech] Appraisal

  I agree with David and Jer. Leave this one alone, you can only end up on the wrong (Wong :-) side of this battle.

  Al -
  High Point, NC
    Me three,  but a few questions - observations. If this is a new piano the warranty is a manufacturers warr. not a dealer warr. In most cases the dealer is the manufacturers agent but did not issue the warranty. When you say  "they won't answer the phone " are you speaking of the dealer or manufacturer? If it's a manufacturer not answering the phone I'm guessing the name starts with a "B".  If so recent (and not so recent ) experience tells me to give up on any support from that corner. If it's the dealer not answering you can call the manufacturer yourself and become the compensated agent for the manufacturer .
        That is where I would stop.If someone wants you to fix the piano then fine. That is what we do. If they want you to fight their battle and alienate the dealer for a hundred bucks then you lose no matter what happens.
        Now if they want to pay me Lawyer type fees from the time I answer the phone ,  travel to the piano and back to the shop , then office time to research the problem , make phone calls and prepare documents at $350-$400 and hour with a minimum retainer of $5000.00 and no guaranty as to outcome then call me Perry Mason and I'm all in. I'll be at lunch with Della Street and Paul Drake to discuss the case so add in the restaraunt ( and bar ) tab along with  Pauls fee as my private investigator. <G>
      Tom D.