[pianotech] Probelm with Business License. Please help!

Brian Trout brian_trout at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 15 17:45:11 MDT 2010

Just out of curiosity, I would be interested to know how the average price of a tuning might compare to other perhaps less regulated areas.

As a for instance, in PA, 10 years ago, tunings were going for around $70.  A few years ago, in some of the better suburbs around New Orleans, I remember of something close to $100.  In my current area of rural central MS, the last number I heard was something like $65.

Considering the hoops that southern CA piano techs seem to be jumping through and the taxes they're paying just to be there, it would be interesting to see how just the price of a tuning might compare.

I'm hoping it's not a taboo subject, but I was curious as to "about" how the numbers might compare between different geographic and demographic areas.

Brian