[pianotech] soundboard grain angle vs "faux"stiffness

J. Stanley Ryberg jstan40 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 16 13:52:35 MDT 2010

Not that any confirmation is needed, but there were others besides rebuilders in the classroom in Rochester...the ones I spoke with who were also mightily impressed were largely musicians first, techs later.  Their ears (and mine) were opened in ways that I can barely describe, it was so dramatic.  (No power tools were used in that operation...)
Stan Ryberg
Barrington IL
jstan40 at sbcglobal.net

        	Thursday, July 15, 2010 10:20 PM

            From:
            "Ron Nossaman" <rnossaman at cox.net>

        	To:
        	pianotech at ptg.orgDale Erwin wrote:

I stood 25 ft from Rons Steinway, uh,  I mean the  Nossaman piano and
the  "voluminous" sound was apparent, actually kind of shocking in a
..."I've never had that flavor before".

That was my reaction
too. It's the first time I'd heard one of mine in other than my shop,
or someone's living room. My take was - hey, what the heck is that? I
like it!!!

>   The difference between the type of sound
Will and others are describing is a preference.  It really is power
without noise and once you get it...yer hooked, especially when you
hear monster music coming out of these things.

10-4.
Ron N