[pianotech] Tool Case

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 18 16:00:15 MDT 2010

Once upon a time I wanted to replace my old Datamaster case, and ordered one from Schaff.  Or American, I don't remember which.  Anyway, when it arrived it wasn't the same quality as the one I had.  I sent it back.  I looked at cases from all the suppliers and didn't find one that was the quality I wanted.  I ended up with a Platt case from an electronics supply locally, and it has served me well for more than 10 years.  I think it cost around $160 at the time.  Still holding up, though I think of replacing it at some point.  I prefer the hard shell cases.  If this one is as good as my Platt case, I'll buy one.  Jon, how about some close-up photos?

    Paul McCloud
    San Diego