[pianotech] Janssen Piano

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 18 22:53:52 MDT 2010

Hmmm? I've been studying the photo. I think it's sort of an opitical illusion. The person standing on top of the crate is a child of about 7 or 8, which makes the crate look huge! If I look at the man standing on the ground, next to the wagon, then the "crate" looks just enough over-sized to be a substantial crate for one piano! The person on the horse is a boy also. Suspect teenage or slightly less. Not sure what the other "rig" was hitched up for in that weather. Actually looks like spring time thaw...(look at the ground)<G> Things like this really get me going! That photo should be in the Home Office Museum, just as a reminder of how intrepid the piano business in that time.<G>
Regards,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police