[pianotech] Abel naturals - report

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Mon Jul 19 14:06:38 MDT 2010

Hi all,

I've seen the reviews on the Naturals and have an input.

I took an all day class with Wally Brooks here at the Nebraska Chapter
some 3 years ago.  I highly recommend you do the same. He really knows how
to deal with these hammers!  Once educated in how to treat these gems,
you'll fall in love with them!  I'm getting ready to order my 12th set for
our pianos here at UNL.  They do brighten up after a year of hard use, but
they easily calm down with some high shoulder voicing.

If you follow his instructions, follow up with them 6 months into it,
you'll find a great sounding piano...even one of our Steinway D with a
"special" hammer he has.  The American Liszt Fest loved it!  It was
wonderful to hear such singing praises for this piano!( A 1980...all
teflon removed..Thank you Richard West!!)

They are really easy to prep/pre-voice, etc. and are very forgiving if you
treat them in the right way.

Call Wally!

Paul