[pianotech] wood grain filler

RONALD SHIFLET rlshiflet at msn.com
Tue Jul 20 18:02:51 MDT 2010

I have a piano owner who wants their piano refinished. It has lots of wide open grains, like tiger skin.  The owner wants it sprayed in black with the grains closed and no longer visible. I'm considering using auto body filler as opposed to wood grain filler since we need the grains hidden. My experience with wood filler is that it generally fills the grains but still highlights the pores. On this piano we need the pores totally closed and hidden.

Any thoughts or suggestions.

thanks
Ron Shiflet