[pianotech] wood grain filler

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Jul 20 21:52:42 MDT 2010

Greg Newell wrote:
> Ron,
>
>                 Check with Mohawk Finishes. They have a pore filler that
> is designed specifically for this purpose.

Hi Greg,
On the Spreeman kid's recommendation (Thanks Michael) I've
tried the polyester filler on plates, and it pretty much
eliminated all other options as the biggest hammer available
when needed. I don't refinish cases, so it might be overkill
for an ebony finish, but I'd still bet it would work. Not to
say the Mohawk isn't first rate, I just don't have experience
with it.
Ron N