[pianotech] Ecsaine Replacement

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Jul 21 15:23:43 MDT 2010

Tom Driscoll wrote:
> Matthew,
>  Part two -- I might order these small scrapers for my shop.
> http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.aspx?p=32672&cat=1,310,41069
> <http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.aspx?p=32672&cat=1,310,41069>\
>  I just removed a strip of backrail cloth today from an old upright and
> these would have been perfect for the job.
>  Tom D.

Tom, Matthew,
One of the first tools I owned was a regular old much maligned
Red Devil scraper. It'll be one of the last I give up too.

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/show_product.do?pid=54&familyName=Red+Devil+Scrapers

I have three of them circulating around the shop at all times,
a 1-1/2", a 1", and a 1" I've ground to a convex curve. Keep
them sharp, learn how to use them, and you can do amazing
surgical things to wood and glue.

Ron N