[pianotech] OT: Obituary my Dad Wilbur Traylor

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Thu Jul 22 14:43:14 MDT 2010

Sorry for your loss, Garret.  My family will keep you and yours in our
prayers. I still have my dad at 88, but mom's gone 12 years now.

Paul

From:
"Garret Traylor" <hpp at highpointpiano.com>
To:
"'Central North Carolina'" <cnc at ptg.org>, <pianotech at ptg.org>
Date:
07/22/2010 12:18 PM
Subject:
[pianotech] OT: Obituary my Dad Wilbur Traylor

Wilbur Elmore Traylor

Wilbur Traylor died quietly as he slept on Saturday, July 17, five days
short of his 83rd birthday.  He was a native of Ashland, Virginia, son of
Joseph Lee Traylor and Annie Heath Traylor.  He was preceded in death by
his parents and five brothers.

He is survived by his wife of 57 years, Catherine Moore Traylor, and their
five children and their spouses: Sarah Gullick, husband Roy of Greenville,
SC; Loni Garcia, husband Michael of Kingsport, TN; Glenn Traylor, wife
Janet of Fuquay-Varina, NC; Garret Traylor, wife Cheryl of Trinity, NC;
and Michael Traylor, wife Rhonda of Charlotte, NC.  His grandchildren
Bryan Gullick, wife Heather of Birmingham, AL; Jessica Gullick of
Greenville, SC; Paul Traylor of San Francisco, CA; Rachael Traylor of
Greensboro, NC; Emily Garcia of Kingsport, TN; Rebecca Garcia of
Kingsport, TN; Susannah Burley Traylor of Trinity, NC; Preston Nash of
Madison, GA; Nathaniel Nash of Charlotte, NC; and Megan Nash of Charlotte,
NC. His great-granddaughter Elizabeth Gullick of Birmingham, AL; and two
great-grandsons Cougar Nash of Charlotte, NC, and Landon Nash of Madison,
GA.  Several nieces and nephews of Woodstock, AL; Maryland; and Virginia.

Wilbur served in the U.S. Army, retiring in 1970 after almost 25 years of
service. He settled in Fayetteville, NC.  In 1983 he retired as a Senior
Tool Engineer, having served for 11 years with Black & Decker. He was a
talented craftsman who personally designed, constructed, and built his own
house in Fayetteville.

He was a beloved member of First Presbyterian Church of Fayetteville, the
North Carolina Bluebird Society, and Sandhills Daylily Society. He was an
active supporter of several benevolent groups, including Haiti Outreach
Missions.  Known as an affable and outgoing man, he will be missed by all
who knew him, especially for his sharing knowledge of mechanics,
carpentry, and world history.

The family would like to invite friends to visitation on Tuesday evening,
7-9 p.m., at Jernigan Warren Funeral Home, 545 Ramsey St., Fayetteville,
NC, and to internment on Wednesday morning, 10 a.m., in the Sandhills
State Veterans Cemetery, 310 Murchison Road, Spring Lake, NC, followed by
a Celebration of Life at 11 a.m. at First Presbyterian Church, 102 Ann
Street, Fayetteville, NC.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorials to The Third Century
Fund of First Presbyterian Church in Fayetteville, NC; to Ashland
Christian Church or Slash Christian Church of Ashland, VA; to Hermitage
Baptist Church of Church View, VA; or to a charity of your choice.
----
Thank you for your prayers.

Kindest Regards,
Garret
---
Garret Traylor - President
High Point Piano & Music Inc.
88-PIANO (336) 887-4266
P Go Green! Print this email only when necessary. Thank you for helping
High Point Music be environmentally responsible.