[pianotech] freaks of nature

bppiano at aol.com bppiano at aol.com
Mon Jul 26 17:24:10 MDT 2010

I recently had similar experience while destringing a Kurtamann grand.  While taking the old pins out of the block, one pin would turn but not unscrew.
Finally, I had to get a vice grip around it and pull it out as I turned.  When it came out I was surprised to see absoloutely no threads!!!

I've never heard of anything like that.  Any one?

Bruce Pennington