[pianotech] Moving a Butterfly Grand Piano

Gordon pnotnr at aol.com
Wed Jul 28 09:52:15 MDT 2010

 How about building a padded caul?  I have not done this, but maybe making a pattern (like one you make when ordering a cover)  would give you the profile for a building a caul that could then be attached to a skid board?

I did move a butterfly grand once.  I didn't know it was a butterfly until I got to the move.  Since it was just a cross town move,  we simply folded and rolled a bunch of moving blankets like a jelly roll and filled the space between the skid and tail.

Hope that helps

Gordon Large, RPT
Maine